Shine has created a unique system of training to get you all the components of fitness, stretching, balance training, core training, strength training and metabolism training all in one work out. At Shine we know that you are busy and have a lot to do outside of the gym so we have created a system to get you the results you are looking for in the least amount of time along with having a little fun too!!! We use the method listed below will get you the body you want!!!
1. Foam Roll - The foam roll is a tool used to get your body back moving functionally well. We use the foam roll to help us get our muscles ready for the stress we are going to put into them while working out. It’s basically like a self-massage.
2. Dynamic Warm Up - A dynamic warm-up is where we move our body through a range of different movements without adding increased weights to work on the stretch shorten cycle of the muscle and increase blood flow to the muscles we are about to use. Much more functional than just hopping on the treadmill for 5 minutes…this way we are getting all your muscles warmed up.
3. Core Strength- Having a strong core means more than just doing sit ups… actually Shine does not have anyone ever do sit ups do to the increased risk of injuring the low back… your core is meant so stabilize your body…it is in the center of your body and is used in everything we do. You’re using it right now while reading this if you are sitting up at your computer.
4. Strength- Lifting weights and heavy weight is the “meat and potatoes” of what we do here at Shine. By lifting weights you build muscle and by building muscle we burn more fat with out having to do anything. Sound good? I thought so….it is important to always be challenging yourself with heavier weights or more challenging lifts so that your body continues to change (obviously with proper form and coaching) but our bodies love homeostasis. What is homeostasis you ask??? Homeostasis means becoming more efficient at doing the same thing. It is a great mechanism our bodies have if we were living in the wilderness and didn’t know where our next meal was coming from…but most of our next meal comes from the restaurant just around the corner that we didn’t have to do anything to get except pay… and sometimes in more ways than one. Strength training helps us combat homeostasis.
5. Metabolic training- What does metabolic mean? Metabolic or Metabolism…is how our body processes energy…whether that is energy coming from food or energy coming from exercise. Metabolic training is a special training technique that Shine uses to increase your metabolism so that you can burn more fat and fight homeostasis …all great things!